Take off your mask!

 


"But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners" [Romans 5:8].

We have probably seen movies that depict a man with a mask. "Masked" would probably be a good title. The mask portrays the individual as a smiling face to others, but right behind that same mask is reality - a "sad manThis description applies to many individuals in the world, including in our kingdom (this includes us teens).

We tend to say we are completely okay, while behind that mask, we are completely shattered and broken. We tend to say that all is well with us, but behind that mask, there is nothing that makes sense for you or in your life. This message is not only describing others but also me as well.

Once upon a time, "I also hid behind a mask."

The Bible says, “God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

A lot of people, peers, and individuals were fooled, because of where I was living, how well I dressed, and how well I was keeping myself together. But guess what, guys?

I eventually got tired of putting on a mask; putting on a mask every day wore me out, made me tired, and additionally made me feel worse. I desperately wished that there was someone I could take off my mask and be honest with. But this was until I met Christ. Meeting Christ made me realize that there was someone up there who could see what I was hiding and keeping away from the crowd.

Meeting Christ gave me the leverage to drop down my heavy luggage, remove my mask, and be honest. God sees right through our masks into our hearts and minds. It may sound scary to be seen and known this way, but there’s good news.

While we were still sinners, He came; while we were still sinning, He came. The fact that you were born in iniquity doesn't negate the love God has for you. 

'Shall we then continue in sin?' - Apostle Paul said. God forbid! All I am saying to you, dear friend, is that the love God has for you and me surpasses even your greatest mistakes.

God sees your committed sins through your mask and loves you anyway. God sees your broken heart through your mask and loves you anyway. God sees your past and mistakes through your mask, but He still loves you anyway - so much that He died in your place.

God hates the sin and not you, and that is why He is still able to love you, withstanding the circumstances around you. He sees beyond your past, beyond your mistakes, beyond your insecurities, and beyond your fears.

You can come to Him today with your mask off and a repentant heart.

  • Soldier of God, 
  • Ambassador of Christ, 
  • Child of God, 
  • Daughter of Zion, 

Forget about everything and ''Take Off Your Mask''

Prayer: "I am that I am, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, I say thank you for always being in the hidden corners of my life. Thank you for always being there for me. Lord, I come before you today, naked and open before your presence. Heal, touch me, and make me whole at every point of my pain and need in Jesus' name."

Amen!

Did you enjoy this session? Then check out more devotions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biography of Minister Dunsin Oyekan

Rejection

Biography of Apostle Joshua Selman